MuniMember Since 10 Apr 2012
Offline Last Active Today, 03:47 AM
Preliminary: A guy who can best be described as an"Average High School Student". The kind you read about in TvTropes and see in animes. You may now choose to believe that I am an extremely ordinary guy or anything but, depending on your experience with "Average High School Students". I have been recently notified one can't be an "Average High School Student" if they're not in their second year in high school. Or in high school for that matter. Huh. Bummer.
Background: Yes, my birthday is on Valentines Day. I am also allergic to chocolate. Awkwardly, I have 3 names, one in Chinese, one in Japanese, and one in English. Having grown up in Beijing and Okinawa, I've also grown up with anime/manga (back in the day, Beijing people were just too lazy to make their own animations, so they just took anime and dubbed over it in Mandarin), Peking duck, and grilled eel. I am a kendoka who has been practicing kendo and iaido for a long time now, and I've recently made a serious commitment to my dojo. That said, our dojo isn't exactly a serious one (we never warm up before a tournament, and I've yet to see sensei NOT drunk at a party), but I felt a need to mention it regardless, now that it's such a major part of my life.
Skills: I am a:
- Native level English speaker, listener, writer
- Conversational level Spanish speaker, listener, writer
- Conversational level French, German listener (for some reason I can listen...yet not respond or write)
- Fluent level Chinese (Mandarin/Simplified), Japanese speaker, listener, writer (?) This is questionable, I immigrated to America when I was in 4th grade, so don't come to me for kanji or characters about 4th grade level...in fact, don't come to me looking for a translator/person to talk to in any language besides English anyways. I know enough Japanese to read RAWs and play games, and that's good enough for me.
- Kendoka-Having recently registered for an official federation, I am in the process of taking my promotion tests at the moment.~
- Iaidoka-Muso Jikiden Eishinryu
- Taekwondo Practitioner-Certified Athlete/Staff Member
- Street Magician <---for those who are over 21, this is the best profession to be in if you want ALL the free drinks. Go to the nearest bar and pop open a pack of cards. DRINKS from WALL to WALL.
- Magnificent Bastard, or else I wouldn't have bothered to type all this out. Oh, and also, if you're unconvinced I had a big ego, check my MSN, but rest assured, it's a funny ego, not an up in yo' face ego, so if you find anything in this list you can relate to, are interested in starting up, or want to hear funny stories, drop a call.~
- Group Members
- Active Posts 179
- Profile Views 1,362
- Member Title Potato
- Age Age Unknown
- Birthday February 14
In your refrigerator.
Hobbies: Street Magic, Balisong Swinging, General "Otaku-esque" Stuffs
Demographics Interested in: Seinen, Shonen, Josei
Genres Interested in: Romance, Comedy, Slice of Life, Yonkoma, Harem (when it's used well), Psychological, Ecchi (when it's used well), and occasionally Action.