Latest Chapter Discussion
Maybe he is a precon, but what do you think what the "oddity" is?
Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:13 AM
There are 3 kind of people in this world:
1- Boring people who look at the earth and don't know the sky.
2- Dreamers who look at the sky and stumble with earth.
3- Fools who look ahead and think they see everything when they see nothing.
I'm the second one, but with the difference that I always rise when I fall.
Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:26 AM
Thank you for your attention.
We now return you to your regularly scheduled manga, already in progress.
- Satoru's powers are specific to children (as in he only activates the power when something is going to happen to a child). Guessing that his childhood trauma caused him to become more sensitive to the bad things that happen to kids,
- These "powers" are hereditary and his mother possesses them too. But hers are focused on her son... It could be that something else happened to him, beyond what he already remembers, that he can't recall, which caused his mother's powers to awaken... Which would explain why she's hanging around him all of a sudden (because she knows something bad might happen to him).
- Because it appears that Satoru's powers only awakened after the incident in the past, its probable that they were triggered by his intense feelings of guilt regarding that incident.
- His mother might be the exact same. This is all just complete conjecture, but... By exploiting her son, or at least allowing him to be exposed to danger in order to further her tv anchor career (x), something bad happened to Satoru, which afterwards caused her powers to awaken, due to her guilt for what happened. Also, it could be that her powers caused her to stop aging from that point on.
- Also I bet that Satoru is unable to control his powers (and they are much more extensive than he himself is aware of), and the suspicious guy in the car from ch.4 is stalking him to see if he can cause Satoru to become more proficient at the psychic powers he possesses, which includes going back in time to when he was a child to prevent everything that happened because of the serial killer incident... Which would fulfill the prophecy made in the first chapter (x), as well as explain why the chapters are titled with dates (e.g. May 2006). If he were to go back to when he was a child, it would probably create a new arc that was indicated by the date he went back to.
Edited by BlackHayate, 21 September 2012 - 05:52 PM.
Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:27 PM
also would like to say i like the theories posted by the guy above, though i'd be pretty damn disappointed if the author did implement the 'save every one with magic protagonist' shtick in this one, as it would basically murder the story's otherwise fairly grim mood.
Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:09 AM