WELCOME TO THE GRAND OPENING OF TYPE-MOON THREAD!
Look NO FURTHER! THIS IS A THREAD THAT DEDICATES TO ALL OF NASU KINOKO AWESOMENESS! m(_ _)m
(For those of you whom do not know still, Type-MOON is the founder of all that is FATE, Tsukihime, Melty Blood, Kara no Kyoukai, etc.)
Anime/Manga/Visual Novels/ Games/ etc. Everything to do with Type-moon can be discussed here!
You don't need to be an expert in the Type-Moon world to join us =)
For those of you that have noticed, yes this is the old FATE Discussion thread.
Since Fate/Zero has ended and due to popular demand, We've decided to expand the FATE only verse to all of Natsuverse.
Even though we have already crossover and mesh the worlds many many times.
For those of you that have missed the FATE SERVANT CLASS Battle Polls. I'm terribly sorry that the poll for that event is now official close.
The results can be found here
NEW POLL *May 16th,2013*
Due to inactivity for the past few months, I'm going to try to start up some poll activities.
Please feel free to join us on the events =D!
~~~Notes for the third question~~~~
Element Affinity => For more information please read about it in full HERE
Element affinity is anyone whom studies magecraft and has the capacity to manipulate at least one of the Elements, their affinity are assigned based on Thaumaturgical teachings. Thaumatugical theory are the foundation and set rules in order to perform Greater Rituals (大魔術式, Dai Majutsu Shiki) that "engrave" a regulated Thaumaturgical System (魔術系統, Majutsu Keitō) into the existing worlds.
Similiar to the elements on cosmology of today, in the nasuverse they also differ from western and eastern teachings. (Eastern elements would be : Metal, Wood, Water, Fire, Earth.) . Since most of nasuverse focuses on western teachings, I will only touch upon those that we have imformation about.
Here are the main five below according to Type Moon Wikia:
- Fire (火, Hi) – Spells of the Fire element are related to consumption, heat, entropy, fuels, energy transfer and thermodynamics.
=>Users Cornelius Alba, Tokiomi Tohsaka
- Earth (地, Ji) – Earth element spells relate to grounding, cultivation of energy and energy embedding.
=>Sub-Elements: Metal and Jewels.
(We have seen Rin use these spells a lot)
- Water (水, Mizu) – Related to flows, forms, cycles, combinations and manipulations.
=> Users: Matou clan
- Wind (風, Kaze) – Deals with air, kinetic forces, static energy, free energy and directed movement.
=> Users: Aozaki clan,Barthomeloi clan, Forte
- Ether (エーテル, Ēteru)/ Void (虚, Kyo), the Fifth Imaginary Element. It combines itself with any of the other four Elements in order to actualize the mysteries of Thaumaturgy. Although amorphous and incapable of materializing by its own power, it is what allows shapeless bodies to take a material form. Purest, raw form of Grain, its domains are among the lines of composition, dissolution, modification, separation, unification, spiritual bodies, conceptual weapons and others.
=> Sub-Elements: Life, Holy and Eastern Divinations.
Whilst it is known to possibility have a compound element affinity. Some magus utilize more than one elements they possess to master a particular spell. Examples
Rin Tohsaka: All five (Also known as The Average One, but it is highly valued in the mage association)
I believe they follow the principles of you can be an master that specializes in one, or a jack of all trades that generalize in many.
It is also possible to specialize in sub-elements such as Michael Roa Valdamjong who is a user of Lightning.
Finally, there is also a possiblity to be in neither of these catagories and be an entirely different element by itself.
Such as, (from T-Moon Wikia)
- Fifth True Theoretical Element (第五真説要素, Dai Go Shinsetsu Yōso), the natural enemy of the Fifth Imaginary Element (Ether), the Conceptual Weapon Longinus (Black Barrel) was made out of this unnamed substance.
- Sixth Imaginary Element (第六架空要素, Dai Roku Kakū Yōso?), also known as Demons, is a force, that reacts to the desires of humans. It needs a form, created by human images, similarly to how it happens to higher-level spirits, inorder to materialize itself, as a passive existence.This passive existence is sympathetic towards mankind as it trys to take away the suffering of the people for itself. The Sixth Imaginary Element is also a fundamental element similar to Ether that is responsible for the actualization of wishes, concepts and other phenomena. Its domains are materialization of wishes, summonings, possessions, and spiritual mediums. The retina of Rider’s Mystic Eyes are made out of this.
- Shadow (虚数, Kyosū), or Imaginary Numbers is Sakura Matou’s unique Elemental Affinity and Sorcery Trait. A power highly effective against spiritual beings, but not so potent against those whose body is not made out of Ether. When the Matou clan restraining spells are used along with this, it is possible to imprison and skewer the target into a separate dimension composed entirely of shadows. Furthermore, when Angra Mainyu power is imbued on Sakura she is able to use this ability even against normal humans.
Extra side notes: I don't know if you guys remember but I did try to perpare for grand poll event, partnering characters as master and servant, from all of type moon verse that were suggested by you guys( included kara no kyoukai and melty blood characters ). I would randomly match the two pairings have them duke them out with each other in round battles. Unfortunately there wasn't enough interested. If you guys are still willing to do such battle. Give me an heads up.
Edited by 「黑風影」, 16 May 2013 - 08:26 AM.