- Play Audio automatically
- expand automatically (ie grows outside of it's usual space)
- any popup (whether within the site, virus warning popup... anything popping up!)
- any redirection
- adult ads
How to identify and report?
Well, more information the better. Information that could help are:
- Screenshot - A good screenshot should show it's placement of the ad with respect to its page. In otherwise, post everything, not just the ad itself.
- Name of the advertiser such as the brand.
- Link the ad points to (do not click please, just hover and find out if you can. If not, oh well).
- And if you're slightly more technically gifted, the source around the ad itself.
- The page that you were viewing when the bad ad occurred.
- Please DO NOT add a hyper-link (clickable) to a bad website. Meaning, if you want to write down their address, replace "http" with something like "hxxp" so that it doesn't become a clickable link. We don't want to give the baddies more points by giving them referring links in the eyes of search engines.
Just as a footnote, any ads that violates any of the specification above is a violation of the advertisers own Terms and Conditions. Though I will try to manually remove problematic ones, many are often removed by the advertisers themselves as they don't want it either.