Photo

Oops...

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Potato Spud

I added chapters since I thought no one was uploading. But for some reason I just noticed that on the description page it's noted that no chapters should be added? If I'm in the wrong here I hereby apologize and ask for the removal of the chapters I've uploaded.

I've read the current situation and it seems that it's been several months since it was asked on not uploading the chapters anymore. Guess this is still in place. Sorry.

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:20 PM

Posted Image

RawR

• Grumpy
  • Administrators
  • 3,564 posts
  • LocationHere of course!
You can check with the group if it still applies, but it probably does. I've locked the chapters just in case (lock = no one can see & not on mod queue to evaluate). So, if it turns out that you can, we can just flip the switch. If not, will delete.

Posted 05 August 2011 - 04:02 PM

Potato Sprout

• LocationHeaven
http://mangacurse.info/forum/index.php?topic=371.0

It says this: "DO NOT UPLOAD OUR RELEASES ON MANGAFOX.COM AND ON MANGAHERE.COM AND EVERYONE WAIT 48 HOURS BEFORE YOU UPLOAD TO OTHER HOSTING SITES EXCEPT BATOTO.COM WHICH KILLS ALL THE FUCKING MANGA HOSTING SITES OUT THERE."

So they're giving Batoto the OK.

Hope you can unlock this manwha soon, it's a good read.

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:29 PM

http://nerieru.com - Recruiting all positions.

Babo Kim

• mhh
  • Administrators
  • 3,242 posts
The policy we have on Batoto is directly set by Mangacurse Scan. It is valid. DO NOT UPLOAD The Breaker: NW

The reason why we can't host this comics are different from the normal reasoning.
There is a whole background story with The Breaker: NW's author and scanlation. We are asked not to host the comic because of consideration towards the author who was very upset.

Edit: took out Rival since it's not there anymore. I might have had it confused though.

Edited by mhh, 12 October 2011 - 05:42 PM.

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:37 PM

Potato Sprout

• LocationHeaven

The policy we have on Batoto is directly set by Mangacurse Scan. It is valid. DO NOT UPLOAD The Breaker: NW

The reason why we can't host this comics are different from the normal reasoning.
There is a whole background story with The Breaker: NW's author and scanlation. We are asked not to host the comic because of consideration towards the author who was very upset.

Edit: took out Rival since it's not there anymore. I might have had it confused though.

If you follow the link you will see that was posted by FancyPantz, an administrator of said group, today. So they're lifting it from their side. Unless the author is complaining there shouldn't be any reason to keep this locked.

Posted 12 October 2011 - 06:08 PM

http://nerieru.com - Recruiting all positions.

Babo Kim

• mhh
  • Administrators
  • 3,242 posts

The author of "The Breaker: New Waves" posted the following on Daum.net, the company he works for:

해외 사이트에 올라와있는 브레이커를 봤습니다. 정말 거의 몇일 사이로 올라오고 있더군요
더욱 놀란 것은 제가 쓰는 이 후기까지 번역되어 올려져 있었습니다.

그래서 지금부터는 그들에게 말하는 겁니다.
그러지 마세요...저희 작품을 가지고 왜 당신들이 장사를 하시는 겁니까?
양심이 있으시다면 저희에게 메일이라도..
사과의 편지나 조심스럽게 동의 를 표하는 편지라도 보내야 하는 거 아닙니까?
그곳 사이트에 올라와 있는 저희의 모든 작품은 모두 저희의 허락 없이 올려져 있는 겁니다.
그러지 마십시오.

문제가 커지기 전에 내리셔야 할 겁니다!!

Following is a translation for their message stated above:

We [the authors: G.Jeon and J.Park] found out "The Breaker" on several foreign websites.
They really were being uploaded almost in few days after we posted the comics online.
We were even more surprised that as small things as author's postscripts were translated and uploaded.
So I am saying this to those who have been uploading and hosting our comics unlawfully on the websites [ The only authorized one is "Daum.net"]:
DO NOT DO SUCH THINGS...Why are YOU doing your business with OUR works? If you have a whit of conscience, you must send us some emails....
Isn't it right that you send us a letter of apology or a letter asking of our consent?
All our works on those sites have been uploaded WITHOUT our agreement.
PLEASE STOP IT.

YOU SHOULD DELETE OUR WORKS FROM THE WEBSITES BEFORE THE PROBLEM GROWS WORSE AND MORE SERIOUS!!

This translation is from somebody on Mangafox and while it might not be terribly accurate it should get the point across.

Posted 12 October 2011 - 06:32 PM

Potato Sprout

An accurate translation, but poorly thought out on their part.

Without a doubt what the international community is doing can be described as piracy. However, it should have been obvious to them as well that the only reason this problem persists is because the manhwa has a strong following (to put it mildly).

The correct course of action would have been for them to realize there was profit to be had and entertainment to be distributed by doing the translation and hosting work themselves.

In normal manhwa/manga medium this isn't easy as they would have to find a publisher, distributor, translator, editor among other things. However, they're working with a webtoon it doesn't take a huge leap of thought to see why translating and hosting shouldn't be a problem.

Telling people not to do something without giving them an alternative =/ foolish.

Not to say Batoto or the scanlator is doing anything wrong, complying with the author's wishes, however futile, is definitely the correct course of action.

Just a bit disappointed in Daum and the author's lack of thought. Or perhaps they did give it some consideration and decided the added international viewership wouldn't attract enough revenue to their portal site to offset the costs.

Regardless, good on you batoto, silly of them though, understandable but silly.

Edited by godspresent, 24 October 2011 - 12:27 PM.

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:26 PM

Potato Sprout

An accurate translation, but poorly thought out on their part.

Without a doubt what the international community is doing can be described as piracy. However, it should have been obvious to them as well that the only reason this problem persists is because the manhwa has a strong following (to put it mildly).

The correct course of action would have been for them to realize there was profit to be had and entertainment to be distributed by doing the translation and hosting work themselves.

In normal manhwa/manga medium this isn't easy as they would have to find a publisher, distributor, translator, editor among other things. However, they're working with a webtoon it doesn't take a huge leap of thought to see why translating and hosting shouldn't be a problem.

Telling people not to do something without giving them an alternative =/ foolish.

Not to say Batoto or the scanlator is doing anything wrong, complying with the author's wishes, however futile, is definitely the correct course of action.

Just a bit disappointed in Daum and the author's lack of thought. Or perhaps they did give it some consideration and decided the added international viewership wouldn't attract enough revenue to their portal site to offset the costs.

Regardless, good on you batoto, silly of them though, understandable but silly.

I Don't agree. if i made a manga/manhwa & wanted it to be on the net, I could do it my self.. it's not that hard, specially if i have all the material infront of my self. All the creator's need is to get a translator, for english & i mean how hard is it to find a english translator in korea?

I'd be extreamly upset if people was making money on my work!. when i've been working atleast 8 hours a day... not getting good paid for what i do.

I think you should think from their perspective., some kid buys 1 book. shares it with 10000000 even if he get publicity.. how many will BUY his book after they read it?
Most people that do read his Manhwa on net don't even read Korean. so they wont buy it for language issue.
So where's the profit for him? publicity? i dont think he cares if his famous or not, he probably wants food on the table.
But in the end i agree with you on the batoto

But then again I'm a Pirate & a hypocrite

Edited by V-Cold, 03 December 2011 - 11:13 PM.

Posted 03 December 2011 - 11:12 PM

Potato Sprout

He doesnt want foreign sites making money with his webtoon?
He could pretty much translate it, host on his own site, expand his public and also his profits.
Too bad hes too dumb do think like that. If i ever put my drawing skill to work and make a webtoon, id make it in english. Even tough its not my mother language, much more people would have acess to it that way.

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:54 AM

Potato Sprout

I Don't agree. if i made a manga/manhwa & wanted it to be on the net, I could do it my self.. it's not that hard, specially if i have all the material infront of my self. All the creator's need is to get a translator, for english & i mean how hard is it to find a english translator in korea?

I'd be extreamly upset if people was making money on my work!. when i've been working atleast 8 hours a day... not getting good paid for what i do.

I think you should think from their perspective., some kid buys 1 book. shares it with 10000000 even if he get publicity.. how many will BUY his book after they read it?
Most people that do read his Manhwa on net don't even read Korean. so they wont buy it for language issue.
So where's the profit for him? publicity? i dont think he cares if his famous or not, he probably wants food on the table.
But in the end i agree with you on the batoto

But then again I'm a Pirate & a hypocrite

well my friend the profit is made by renting , u want to use my work pay me :) , that is want all the artists should do not cry over piracy issues that will never en, but go to all those sites and demand a cut of "the cake" not say I worked my ass 8 hours a day to do this u can't have it . From my point of view they are being kids about it , I mean really is it that hard all they have to do is provide the raw material to the scanlators thus working together for the common good and get some more profit out of it not that hard , or they could host it themselves provided they can translate it , the possibilities are almost endless ... i rest my case :)

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:32 AM

Potato Sprout

first i gotta say i appreciate wat they doing, i have spoken to several scanlation groups and gotten and ok for spanish translations but this whole this has got to stop they keep demanding money for art work they havent done in my opinion this is wat really frustrates the author and artist bcz ppl with too much free time on their hands are demanding money for their work the few translations i have made from english to spanish have been free and i always leave the original teams credit page

para todos los demas que quisieran ver una manga en especial traducido en espanol que tenga un equipo proporcionando manga en ingles con el permiso de ellos yo lo puedo traducir.
suerte a todos

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:29 PM

Potato Spud

I looked at the statement above that was telling everyone to stop posting the manwha. Didn't the author just say to ask for permission? I think if some scan asked for permission it would be ok.

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:06 PM

Fingerling Potato

• LocationThe Underground
I feel you bro, and even though sites like batoto have stopped putting up chapters, people can still read The Breaker: NW at Mangafox. I kinda feel like you guys were cheated:(

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:18 AM

Posted Image

Russet Potato

I think the author is overreacting, its not like anyone here makes money on his works....

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:35 PM

Baked Potato

• Locationsoaring in the sky

I looked at the statement above that was telling everyone to stop posting the manwha. Didn't the author just say to ask for permission? I think if some scan asked for permission it would be ok.

read a-team's rants on some of the first chapters
if not for mangafox and other readers.... but we all know it's not that easy to kill sites that make money on pirated manga

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:34 PM

Милая моя, солнышко лесное,
Где, в каких кpаях
Встpетишься со мною?

#batotobar

死んじゃってくれ 頼む 死んじゃってくれ

Russet Potato

• LocationOregon
I'm definitely beating a dead horse on this one, but I do have to agree with the author on this; the groups could have sent out an email asking for permission/ rights. That being said, some of the work I've done in the past makes me realize that you hardly get return (non stock) emails back if any at all, and the majority of actual emails are cease and desist notices.
The authors don't like the fact that groups take their originals (which are bought by the raw provider) and redistributing it to other countries.. as it makes it harder for them to sell once they've gone overseas, and make them 'less valuable' to companies that localize them. This point is driven further home seeing the number of localizations in other countries that have fallen recently. Some blame recession and shifts away from physical media, wherein most are blaming piracy.
Lastly, the authors don't like the fact that even though they are being distributed as free, the groups still collect donations (and some kind of demand donations for releases.) Most (if not hopefully all) of the donated money is used for the raw, storage space, website maintenance servers, and bandwidth. Not to mention ad revenue created by some of the larger groups. I've even seen some of the groups pay for their translators and a small bit for QC'ers, typesetters, ect. And it's the fact that these groups do this while contributing generally one copy of the published magazine, possibly one copy of a novel, or a monthly subscription to their site. Hell, sites like Naver don't even charge a subscription to view their content (Though I'm not positive where the bulk of their revenue is created for hosting comics.) In the last case, the groups don't even need to pay money for raws; they just go to the site and download an image.
I do understand both sides of this (as I am obviously reading the content, I'm at the least enjoying the perks of a little piracy; but I've also seen the fairly.. unpleasant side of what can happen when content is too available) At the very least, and I will say this all day, I respect the decision of what Batoto has done for a while now. If anyone linked with the content has rules, Batoto will follow them; whether it's a delay, or a cease and desist, Batoto will respect their decision (unlike coughcoughmangafoxcoughcough)

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:31 PM

• Ivy likes this

Potato Sprout

That's too bad that this happened and people were making a profit from the translation but I can understand what the author wants. I hope the groups that are translating it can get permission to keep going though or maybe they can give the author the translated versions for them to decide where to have it hosted or something. Either way, I hope it works out.

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:47 PM

Russet Potato

• LocationOregon

That's too bad that this happened and people were making a profit from the translation but I can understand what the author wants. I hope the groups that are translating it can get permission to keep going though or maybe they can give the author the translated versions for them to decide where to have it hosted or something. Either way, I hope it works out.

A-Team is still translating it (at the moment anyway) and you can still get it off their site.. A-Team just patrols to make sure it's not on any hosting sites. Your best bet is to just go to their site once a week and see what they've uploaded; aside from Breaker, they've got some other good series to look at as well

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:38 AM

• Ncf likes this