Photo

[SPOILERS] Current Chapter Discussion

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

Couch Potato

• LocationUK

Well, by the looks of things in the new chapter, we're being set up for a big, "final confrontation" scene coming up soon. 

And I guess the half-brother, usurper to the throne, really was just a snake in the grass villain all along.  >_<

I still don't know. :unsure: It entirely depends on what he's after.   If he's trying to reel people in to make them pay for what they've done, fine.  If he's trying to find out what the heck is going on by playing the sides against each other, that's something else.  If he's trying to use them to get the throne, that's not-so-good. :mellow: Or, if he's trying to just go with the flow for a less painful time of it when caught between people... well... <shrugs>

We've got choice, even now. -_-

Edited by Euodiachloris, 13 January 2014 - 10:26 PM.

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:23 PM

PlotCap.png

~:Euo will do instead of the whole thing:~

Couch Potato

• Locationunderground like a wild potato

I still don't know. :unsure: It entirely depends on what he's after.   If he's trying to reel people in to make them pay for what they've done, fine.  If he's trying to find out what the heck is going on by playing the sides against each other, that's something else.  If he's trying to use them to get the throne, that's not-so-good. :mellow: Or, if he's trying to just go with the flow for a less painful time of it when caught between people... well... <shrugs>

We've got choice, even now. -_-

You're talking about the half-brother, right? Yeah, I guess there's still some ambiguity or doubt about motives or intentions/goals or whatever...........but that final comment of his coupled with Hong Ryung's dream? Yeah, that honestly seemed to point to his motives being a lot less complex (to me at least).

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:51 PM

Couch Potato

• LocationUK

You're talking about the half-brother, right? Yeah, I guess there's still some ambiguity or doubt about motives or intentions/goals or whatever...........but that final comment of his coupled with Hong Ryung's dream? Yeah, that honestly seemed to point to his motives being a lot less complex (to me at least).

He's talking to the owl. <_< I'm not saying he doesn't mean every word from the bottom of his heart... But, if he's fishing for info, to just plain delay or in a hope to not get the palace burned down around him, playing to what is expected of him (or close to it) may be one way to get it. -_-

Now, if he said that to himself, and added an evil chuckle, I'd be all in there painting him a villain right now.  But, he doesn't. :mellow:

Edited by Euodiachloris, 13 January 2014 - 11:16 PM.

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:14 PM

PlotCap.png

Couch Potato

He's talking to the owl. <_< I'm not saying he doesn't mean every word from the bottom of his heart... But, if he's fishing for info, to just plain delay or in a hope to not get the palace burned down around him, playing to what is expected of him (or close to it) may be one way to get it. -_-

Now, if he said that to himself, and added an evil chuckle, I'd be all in there painting him a villain right now.  But, he doesn't. :mellow:

True, true, still plenty of doubt, we'll find out eventually I guess.  :D

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:17 PM

Couch Potato

Well, that was an ugly little turn of events..........not entirely unexpected, but pretty ugly just the same. >_<

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:01 AM

Potato Spud

;__;    Since I saw the raw of this, seeing him get stabbed again just breaks my heart.  (Hopefully, he does stay alive. The poor kid deserves to live!!)

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:44 PM

Fried Potato

Since when are EG Scans posted without delay?

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:40 AM

The face of the angel of history is turned toward the past. Where we perceived a chain of events, he sees a single catastrophe which keeps piling wreckage and hurls it in front of his feet. The angel would like to stay, awaken the dead, and make whole what has been smashed. But a storm is blowing from Paradise; it has got caught in his wings with such violence that the angel can no longer close them. This storm irresistably propels him into the future to which his back is turned, while the pile of debris before him grows skyward. The storm is what we call progress.
~Walter Benjamin

Couch Potato

Since when are EG Scans posted without delay?

Around two weeks ago is when I first noticed it.  I never saw anything "official" or anything about the 24 hour delay.........just started noticing the new chapters actually showing on my follows immediately. It's been that way on everything of theirs ever since. 

So, things are definitely starting to converge, I guess we'll be seeing some action any time now. 

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:31 AM

Fried Potato

Around two weeks ago is when I first noticed it.  I never saw anything "official" or anything about the 24 hour delay.........just started noticing the new chapters actually showing on my follows immediately. It's been that way on everything of theirs ever since. 

So, things are definitely starting to converge, I guess we'll be seeing some action any time now. 

It's just weird because I check the egscans website but their FAQ still says everything must have a 24 hour delay. Not that I think this is a bad thing because I'm on Batoto all the time anyway, but it does strike me as odd.

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:28 AM

The face of the angel of history is turned toward the past. Where we perceived a chain of events, he sees a single catastrophe which keeps piling wreckage and hurls it in front of his feet. The angel would like to stay, awaken the dead, and make whole what has been smashed. But a storm is blowing from Paradise; it has got caught in his wings with such violence that the angel can no longer close them. This storm irresistably propels him into the future to which his back is turned, while the pile of debris before him grows skyward. The storm is what we call progress.
~Walter Benjamin

Potato Spud

Oh my...  Looking at the latest raw, Hong-Ryung's half-brother is still very hard to figure out.

Spoiler

http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=507638&seq=69

Edited by Tgirl, 28 January 2014 - 06:16 AM.

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:16 AM

Couch Potato

It's just weird because I check the egscans website but their FAQ still says everything must have a 24 hour delay. Not that I think this is a bad thing because I'm on Batoto all the time anyway, but it does strike me as odd.

I thought it might've been an oversight when I first noticed it.........but no, ever since and every title of theirs I follow, Immediately after the EGS release and they get uploaded here they're good to read, no more delay at all. 

Oh my...  Looking at the latest raw, Hong-Ryung's half-brother is still very hard to figure out.

Spoiler

http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=507638&seq=69

He's liable to stay a question mark for a while the way he's been presented and how central (interwoven actually) his position as the stand-in king is to the heart of the plot. I'm just guessing, but I suspect his true colors will be one of the things the author holds back from us till almost the very end.

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:16 AM

Potato Spud

^ Till the very end...   :0    If that's the case, then so be it!!  *pumps fist*

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:03 PM

Couch Potato

• LocationUK

Told you he's not a simple one to work out. <_< I'm also not getting Wild Card vibes, as such.  He's a steady Card, I wager, but he only looks Wild from the outside if you don't know what game he's playing. -_-

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:10 PM

PlotCap.png

Couch Potato

Oh wow, I thought we were really about to find something out there at the end...........it still should be good though, I've no doubt he's about to overhear something good. 

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:47 AM

Couch Potato

Cool, I guess it's back from its break.........looks like all sorts of stuff is about to hit the fan  :D

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:11 PM

Potato Spud

^  What EGS put out so far are the appetizers. What's currently happening in the raws are crazy.    O__O 

Spoiler

Edited by Tgirl, 11 March 2014 - 05:31 AM.

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:31 AM

Potato

• LocationGermany

omg!

nooo T_T

*awaits power-outburst of MC in next chapter*

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:54 PM

Couch Potato

Wow, things escalated pretty dramatically with that chapter.......

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:41 AM

Fried Potato

"Human instinct" caught my eye. So are we supposed to assume Hong-Ryung isn't fully human? What is he then? I still don't know what the Divine Bells are, so I guess he must be somehow related.

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:05 AM

~Walter Benjamin

Couch Potato

• LocationUK

"Human instinct" caught my eye. So are we supposed to assume Hong-Ryung isn't fully human? What is he then? I still don't know what the Divine Bells are, so I guess he must be somehow related.

You're not the only one who got a scratch-record sound in their head at that line.  But, what it means?  Who can guess at this point? <_<

Maybe Big Half-Bro actually knows something? :huh:

Edited by Euodiachloris, 18 March 2014 - 03:20 AM.

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:34 AM

PlotCap.png